Our sauna in the Kronen-Garten
Have garden. Will sweat!
Words of wisdom from our gardeners. The garden at the Krone is no different. However, for once you can sweat in style rather than digging up the soil, watering, planting und tending vegetables.
Thanks to its unique design we now rather affectionately call it our UFO in the garden. Inside, you’ll find a classic Finnish sauna, a sanarium with lower temperatures, soft steam and pleasant humidity, great showers and a divine treatment room for massages.
Remember the old adage that cold water is good for you? Step into the Kneipp water treading basin on a hot summer day and revive those weary feet. Just a few steps further and you’re in the quiet relaxation zone, breathe in the wonderful aroma of wood furnishings and … just … chill.
Fancy enjoying your sauna while doing your bit for the environment?
- The Krone has been awarded the Austrian eco-label and we do not use disposable bath slippers, as their life span’s just too short. Instead, we ask you to bring your own slippers or flip flops. Thank you, your cooperation is much appreciated.
- In order to conserve energy resources, the sauna’s open daily from 3pm to 7pm as these are the most popular times with our guests.
If you want to go to the sauna earlier or later, just let the reception know.
And even on hot days in summer we are waiting for your command to heat up (20 minutes advance).
Between public and private is the fireplace room.
The crown fireplace room is a real shape-shifter. Because it is:
- Resting island for relaxed browsing,
- Meeting place for the joint aperitif before dinner,
- open living room for poker, chess, Yu-Gi-Oh or Settlers of Catan games after hiking, in the rain or after skiing and cross-country skiing,
- from time to time the venue for literary readings and small concerts,
- Room for tea time with homemade cakes, fruit and samovar,
- a good place to get into conversation with new and old acquaintances or even to have a relaxed look at holes in the air,
- and not infrequently the fireplace room is also the place to reflect on the day and enjoy a last glass before going to bed,
Happiness sometimes sounds like a ball noise.
Movement – counter-movement: Back and forth, ping and pong. In dynamics, somewhere between meditative and competitive. In the ping-pong cellar of the Krone, the “Kronenbuben” Oskar and Max, employees, overnight and restaurant guests, now and then a supplier or a neighbor play.
Next to it, a climbing frame lends itself to another form of movement and counter-movement: Up and down to help little guests get rid of their unused energy of the day.
On the chalkboard wall of the ping-pong basement, one always discovers notes of match results, a tic-tac-toe series, or even expressionistic children’s drawings.
But don’t worry: What happens in the pingpong room, stays in the pingpong room.