We have furnished our 27 guest bedrooms to reflect the way we ourselves like to live. And that means one thing you will not find here is a television set at the focal point of the living space – nor any “deco objects” or garish effects.
What you can expect instead is beautiful furniture hand-made by Bregenzerwald craftsmen, top-quality mattresses, good music to choose from, time to yourself in spacious surroundings, natural cosmetics and an in-house library.
Diligently designed comfort times 27
Johann Conrad Bechter built the Krone in 1838 and some of his original concepts live on in the updated designs of timber construction trailblazer and architect Leopold Kaufmann and contemporary architects Fritz Natter and Bernardo Bader…
Our guests can look forward to relax and unwind, surrounded by timeless design and the quality work of the craftsmen and women of the Werkraum Bregenzerwald. We call this carefully crafted creature comfort.
Room rates are based on the different room categories we offer as well as on their current occupancy rate. Your room at the Krone includes a lot more than just the room. Have a browse through the long list of additional amenities below.
A room at the Krone and so much more:
- Enjoy the warm hospitality extended to you by Helene and Dietmar Nussbaumer-Natter, their sons Oskar and Max and the entire team. We call ourselves the Krone family because in this house we work together like a big family.
- Our well-stocked house library. Browse among a multitude of absorbing books, magazines and newspapers such as Der Falter, Der Standard, Presse, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Frankfurter Allgemeine and selected journals such as brandeins, Der Spiegel, Original, Falstaff, A la carte, Vogue, Hochparterre, Modulor, Art Aurea, to name just a few.
- A varied and mostly homemade breakfast buffet with our own jams, cereals, spreads and bread as well as a fine selection from our regional suppliers.
- • Four course evening meals from Monday to Saturday from the Krone kitchen, which these days boasts not 2 but 3 Gault Millau toques. On Sundays we go rustic and serve hearty Bregenzerwälder cheese pasta with salad and dessert. A must try.
- Our outdoor terrace overlooking the Hittisau village square is open from April through to October. According to senior boss Herbert Natter the Krone terrace is the second most beautiful in Europe (admitting that he couldn’t name the most beautiful one). If the sunny terrace proves too hot for comfort, you’ll always find a seat in our shady garden area.
- Our supremely cosy chimney room for afternoon tea, coffee and either a healthy bit of fruit or a decadent slice of home baking by the open fire.
- A thoroughly tried and tested selection of board games.
- A sauna in the garden for a rejuvenating time out. In all fairness probably one of the best designed saunas far and wide. Come see and try it for yourself. And why not elevate the experience to another level by prebooking a massage in the adjacent massage room?
- A table tennis room with climbing frame, dart board and a wall for budding artists with an urge to express themselves.
- To-do recommendations just for you from your hosts. We know the area like the back of our hand and will send you to places guaranteed to make beautiful memories.
- For those who can’t survive without their regular soap fix: no problem. We’ll set up a television set in your room free of charge.
And if there‘s anything lacking to achieve holiday bliss: come chat to us and we’ll try and provide the missing piece to your happiness puzzle.